The Events Committee is responsible for the planning and execution of APSA's Annual Meeting. The committee also assists regional meeting organizers it putting together their respective events.
- The committee selects and invites keynote speakers from a variety of career pathways, including industry, academia and government, and scientific interests, including the non-traditional ones such as the social sciences and humanities.
- Committee members correspond with keynote speakers and function as speaker liaisons: obtaining travel itineraries, and providing detailed information about the Annual Meeting program
Career Development Events:
- The committee identifies topics significant to APSA members and organizes panel discussions featuring leading experts in the area of interest
- A staple event each year is the Residency Luncheon where residency programs and their directors are invited to attend and network with APSA members.
- The committee organizes several social events:
- Friday Night Welcome Reception
- Saturday Night Dinner
- Committee members research and select venues, choose menus, etc. in addition to arranging transportation and other logistics
- Past events have been held at Millennium Park, The Chicago Club, The Willis (Sears) Tower.
- The Events committee coordinates with the Finance Committee to set the budget for the meeting and its various events
- Monitors and documents spending throughout the year.
- Committee members coordinate with the Sherwood Group to manage registrations.
- The committee is also responsible for coordinating with the Public Relations committee to advertise registration details and deadlines.
- Advertise the Annual Meeting to MD-PHD, DO-PHD, MD, DO students and residents.
- Put together Annual Meeting packets containing information on APSA and Chicago (maps, restaurants, etc.).
- Coordinate registration and logistics during the Annual Meeting.
- Provide Audio/Visual support as needed during the Annual Meeting.